Saturday, February 9, 2013

Year of the Snake 2013


Here's the version with the scrolling leaf/vine printed last--there's some bronze powder in the final leaf impression so it has a kind of printed-fabric look. I may try to tweak the warmth of the background and leaf pattern but it's pretty close to what I had in mind.
Although it is a "final" proof,  I often veer off when I'm actually printing so we shall see how much the final effort differs. But I think this will be pretty close.
I cut, dampened and started printing on a stack of about 80 sheets of washi today.
The first color (yellow) is down.
Tomorrow the keyblock.
Today (Feb 10th) is the start of the Chinese New Year.
Happy 2013 and Year of the Snake.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the addition of the vine. The image is still clearly all about the snake, but somehow the leaves echoing the shape of the snake's head make the beautiful detail of face more noticeable. Lovely, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete